Table of Contents
- Shipment Wizard
- Wizard Page 1
- Wizard Page 2
1. Launch the Shipment Wizard
To create a shipment, the Shipment Wizard must be launched first. There are two ways to do this:
- Click the USPS Shipments tab, then click New USPS Shipment.
- Go to any Lead, Contact, Account or Opportunity record, then click New Shipment on the USPS Shipments related list.
Creating a shipment from a Lead, Contact, Account or Opportunity will preload the recipient’s contact and address fields.
2. Wizard Page 1
Section 1 - Shipment details
- Use the Preference Lookup menu to select the desired USPS Shipping Preference for the shipment. Note: this will always default to the USPS Shipping Preference used in the last shipment.
- Reply Postage: You can create a return shipment by checking the Reply Postage checkbox. Once checked the ship date is no longer required. The sender and recipient addresses also get flipped so the shipment is returned the sender.
Section 2 – Sender Details
- The Sender information will be populated automatically from the address defined in the Shipmate Preference.
- Check the Residential checkbox if the Ship From address is a residence.
Section 3 – Recipient Details
- In this section, define the recipient, or Ship To, information.
- If a shipment is created directly from a Lead, Contact, Account or Opportunity, the recipient fields will be pre-loaded with the address and contact details from the related object.
- If entering recipient details manually, choose the address source from the dropdown menu and use the lookup field to select the specific record.
- Optional: Click Validate Address to check the Ship To address against USPS Address Validation
- Optional: Check Bypass Address Validation, if you want to ignore the USPS address verification.
Section 4 – Mail Piece Type
In this section, define the packaging type for the shipment.
Use the Mail Piece Type dropdown menu to choose the package type:
- For Flat Rate Envelope, Small Flat Rate Box, Medium Flat Rate Box and Large Flat Rate Box no additional weight/dimension data is required.
- For Letter, Flat and Parcel the weight of the package in Pounds and Ounces is required.
- For a Large Parcel the weight of the package in Pounds and Ounces as well as the dimensions of the package is required.
Section 5 – Value Of Contents
Enter the value of the contents in USD. This is required for insurance special services on page 2 of the shipment wizard.
3. Wizard Page 2
Section 1: Select Mail Class
You are required to select the Mail Class. There will only ever be a maximum of two mail classes:
Section 2: Select Service Options
Note: This section only becomes visible when you’ve selected a Mail Class
The are several service options that can be added to the shipment. Please note that selecting these options can incur additional charges.
Section 3: Select Confirmation Service Options
Note This section only becomes visible when you’ve selected a Mail Class
There are several confirmation service types that can be added to the shipment. Please note that selecting these options can incur additional charges.
Note: The shipment special services object within the final shipment record will store all of the data for the various USPS special services chosen for that shipment.
Section 4: Select Label Options
Use the Label Type dropdown menu to choose the label output: PDF,PNG, JPEG and GIF or EPL2 and ZPL11 label types. Note: It will always default to the Label Type you selected in the related preference.
Section 5: Rate Estimates
Click Get Rate to receive the estimated postage charges and fees for the shipment.
Click Create Postage to generate the shipment record and label.
Section 6: Shipment Notes
Shipment Notes: Add any notes that you want to save to the shipment record (e.g. package content or other miscellaneous information)