How do I manage USPS shipments?
To see your USPS Shipments as a list, click on the USPS Shipments tab. Depending on which custom list view you have selected, the related USPS Shipment(s) will appear. You can always changes which fields/columns display by editing or creating a new custom list view.
Click the List or Chatter button on the right to switch your views. You can either see the record data, or by selecting the Chatter button, you can see all the latest Chatter updates within the last 30 days.
You can initiate a shipment by clicking New USPS Shipment or setup the automatic tracking updates by clicking Schedule Tracking. More details about Schedule Tracking can be found here.
To see the details of a specific USPS Shipment, click on the USPS Shipment Number link.
When viewing a specific USPS Shipment, there are a series of actions that can be performed with a click of a button.
- Delete – This will delete the USPS Shipment record from your Salesforce instance. This will NOT cancel the shipment with USPS. To do that, you must first click the Cancel Shipment button.
- Track Shipment – This will launch a new screen where you can manually get the latest tracking updates from USPS.
- Email Label – This will launch a new screen where you can send an email with the label(s) automatically attached. All of the fields are required and you must select at least one label attachment before you can send. This can be used for both outgoing and return shipments. This is a great feature when you need to send the return label to your customer.
- Cancel Shipment – This will allow you to cancel the shipment with USPS. When you cancel a shipment, this means the shipment will be removed from USPS, the related label will no longer work, and you will be credited the amount for the shipment. This cannot be undone. Cancelling a shipment will NOT delete the shipment record from Salesforce, you will need to click the Delete button to do that.
- Print Thermal Labels – For shipments where the label generated is thermal (i.e. EPL2, ZP11), this button will allow you to print the label to your thermal printer.
This feature will not work with GIF, JPEG or PDF labels. You must first setup your thermal printer before you can use this feature.
This is a great feature to speed up your printing time.