Table of Contents
- Choose an Object to integrate with
- Create the lookup field
- Create a Service Type Field (on the Order object)
- Create a Packaging Type Field
- Create a package fields
- Create a Shipment Type Field
- Other Custom Address Source Values
- Create the Custom Address Source record
- Shipment Auto-creation
Now you can create shipments with one click using our standard Shipmate for UPS App
1. Choose an Object to integrate with
In this tutorial we are going to integrate with the Order object:
2. Create the lookup field
a.) Go to the UPS Shipment custom object by navigating to Setup | Create | Objects | UPS Shipment
b.) Click New under Custom Fields & Relationships
c.) Select Lookup Relationship:
d.) Choose the Order object:
e.) Now you can can keep clicking Next until the custom field is created and then click Save.
3. Create a Service Type Field (on the Order object)
Now that we’ve created our lookup field, we can begin creating the fields that contain the data required for shipping. You can either create a text field or even a formula field if you want to be really smart.
1. Go into Setup > Orders > Fields
2. Click on the New button
3. Select the type of field you want to create. If you select Formula then you can either set a default for all Order objects or you can be clever and write code to generate different values.
4. Choose the name of your Custom Field.
5. This is where you can pre-fill the Custom Address Source values or you can write some code to dynamically choose the value to populate.
6. Then click through the next steps and once finished you should see your new custom field.
Here are the list of values our UPS app accepts for Service Type:
- UPS_NEXT_DAY_AIR - UPS Next Day Air
- UPS_SECOND_DAY_AIR - UPS Second Day Air
- UPS_GROUND - UPS Ground
- UPS_THREE_DAY_SELECT - UPS 3 Day Select
- UPS_NEXT_DAY_AIR_SAVER - UPS Next Day Air® Saver
- UPS_NEXT_DAY_AIR_EARLY_AM - UPS Next Day Air® Early
- UPS_SECOND_DAY_AIR_AM - UPS 2nd Day Air® A.M.
- UPS_STANDARD - UPS Standard
- UPS_TODAY_STANDARD - UPS Today Standard
- UPS_TODAY_DEDICATED_COURIER - UPS Today Dedicated Courier
- UPS_TODAY_EXPRESS - UPS Today Express
- UPS_TODAY_EXPRESS_SAVER - UPS Today Express
- UPS_EXPRESS - UPS Express®
- UPS_EXPEDITED - UPS Expedited®
- UPS_EXPRESS_PLUS - UPS Express Plus®
- UPS_EXPRESS_EARLY_AM - UPS Express® A.M
- UPS_WORLDWIDE_EXPRESS - UPS Worldwide Express
- UPS_WORLDWIDE_EXPEDITED - UPS Worldwide Expedited
- UPS_WORLDWIDE_EXPRESS_PLUS - UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- UPS_SAVER - UPS Express Saver®
- UPS_ECONOMY - UPS Economy
- UPS_BASIC - UPS Basic
- UPS_EXPRESS_NA1 - UPS Express NA1
- UPS_EXPEDITED_MAIL_INNOVATIONS - UPS Mail Innovations
If you have chosen UPS_EXPEDITED_MAIL_INNOVATIONS then the Return Service Types you need to use are
- Return Service Requested
- Forwarding Service Requested
- Address Service Requested
- Change Service Requested
4. Create a Packaging Type Field
- UPS_LETTER - UPS Letter
- UPS_YOUR_PACKAGING - Your Packaging
- UPS_TUBE - UPS Tube
- UPS_PAK - UPS PAK
- UPS_25KG_BOX - 25kg Box
- UPS_10KG_BOX - 10kg Box
- UPS_PALLET - UPS Pallet
- UPS_SMALL_EXPRESS_BOX - UPS Small Express Box
- UPS_MEDIUM_EXPRESS_BOX - UPS Medium Express Box
- UPS_LARGE_EXPRESS_BOX - UPS Large Express Box
- UPS_EXPRESS_BOX - UPS Express Box
- UPS_FIRST_CLASS - UPS Mail Innovations First Class
- UPS_PRIORITY - UPS Mail Innovations Priority Mail
- UPS_MACHINABLES - UPS Mail Innovations Machinables
- UPS_IRREGULARS - UPS Mail Innovations Irregulars
- UPS_PARCEL_POST - UPS Mail Innovations Parcal Post
- UPS_BPM_PARCEL - UPS Mail Innovations BPM Parcel
- UPS_MEDIA_MAIL - UPS Mail Innovations Media Mail
- UPS_BPM_FLAT - UPS Mail Innovations BPM Flats
- UPS_STANDARD_FLAT - UPS Mail Innovations Standard Flat
5. Create Package Fields
The Custom Address Source feature enables you to map all package data (quantity, weight, dimensions, declared value) into the shipping wizard. You can also map as many packages as you like:
We recommend creating number fields for each field. You could even use formula fields to pull this data from associated product information. Please note that dimension data is not required for shipping.
6. Create a Shipment Type Field
You can default the shipment type to either outbound or return. Let’s create a text field and set the default value to "OUTBOUND". Here are the available options:
7. Other Custom Address Source Values
- Shipment Delivery Confirmation Types: SIGNATURE_REQUIRED, ADULT_SIGNATURE_REQUIRED
- If shipment COD is enabled than Shipment Delivery Confirmation Types: ADULT_SIGNATURE_REQUIRED
- Package Delivery Confirmation Types: WITHOUT_SIGNATURE, SIGNATURE_REQUIRED, ADULT_SIGNATURE_REQUIRED, USPS_DELIVERY_CONFIRMATION
- Dry Ice Regulation Set: CFR, IATA
- Return Description
- Return Type: Electronic Return Label, Print Return Label, Print and Mail, Return Service 1 Attempt, Return Service 3 Attempts
- SurePost types: UPS_SUREPOST_LESS_THAN_1_LB, UPS_SUREPOST_1_LB_OR_GREATER
- USPS Endorsement allowed values: Return Service Requested, Forwarding Service Requested, Address Service Requested, Change Service Requested
8. Create the Custom Address Source record
Now that we’ve created all the required fields on our Order object, it’s time to map them in the Custom Address Source!
Choose the object Order and the lookup field that we created earlier Order__c
Now you can map all fields to the fields we’ve created earlier in this tutorial:
9. Shipment Auto-Creation
If want to bypass the shipping wizard completely and go straight to the shipment page you can check Auto-create shipment if all required fields are set.
You can also check Auto print labels after creating shipment which auto-prints shipments to your default thermal printer as soon as they are created (this only works with our latest printing desktop app).
11. You’re done! Time to try it out!
The next step is to set up Chatter.