Table of Contents
- When I click Print nothing happens.
- How do I setup Multi User printing?
- Which is the correct label type for my printer?
- We can't get our printer to print the thermal labels at the appropriate scale.
- Which Label Image Type Default should I use with my thermal printer?
- Can I use the supplied FEDEX ZP500 Plus label printer? If so, how do I configure it?
- I’m having problems setting up my thermal printer, can you help?
- Can I use Shipmate with my networked/shared thermal printer?
- I can’t view PDF shipping labels in Google Chrome
- How do I remove printers from the list in Salesforce
When I click Print nothing happens
Here are some things to try:
- Is the desktop software running?
- If the desktop software is running, can you restart it?
- Is your printer connected? Can you send a test print from preferences?
- Can you try restarting your printer.
If you have completed the above 4 items without success, please log a case with Zenkraft support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I setup Multi User Printing?
Setting up multiple users to print on different computers with different printers is easily achievable via the "Manage Printers" button on each of the apps. Just follow the instructions on here
Which is the correct label type for my printer?
We can’t get our printer to print the thermal labels at the appropriate scale.
When printing the labels, they should be printed on 8.5×11 paper, in the portrait orientation. Once the label is printed, the paper can then be folded in half or cut in half to create the 8.5×5.5 label.
Which Label Image Type Default should I use with my thermal printer?
For the Zebra ZP500 range you should choose Thermal 4×6 – Zebra
For the Zebra LP2844 range you should choose Thermal 4×6 – Eltron
Can I use the supplied FEDEX ZP500 Plus label printer? If so, how do I configure it?
Of course! To get setup with your thermal printer please follow the guide.
I’m having problems setting up my thermal printer, can you help?
Please try the following to resolve your issue:
- Update all the drivers (printer and java so it’s the most recent)
- Try different browsers (i.e. if it doesn’t work in IE, try Firefox or Chrome or vice versa)
- Confirm you can print from the thermal printer system properties page of your Windows / Mac before you try using Shipmate
- Make sure you are printing the right label size (i.e. 4×6 vs 4×6.75)
- Ensure you are selecting the correct label type.
- "Forbidden": Please let us know and we will manually create a new printnode account for you.
Can I use Shipmate with my networked/shared thermal printer?
I can’t view PDF shipping labels in Google Chrome
It appears the newest version (10) of Google Chrome does not open PDFs properly. If you’ve disabled the built-in PDF viewer, then Google Chrome is using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to display PDFs. Follow the suggestions below if you’re having trouble seeing PDFs within Google Chrome, using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
The Chrome browser has a built in PDF viewer which isn’t adequate for some PDFs. What you’ll have to do is the following:
- Ensure the latest version of Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat installed
- Open a Chrome browser and enter in the following as the URL: chrome://plugins/
- Ensure that you see Adobe Reader in the list, and that it is enabled
- Find Chrome PDF Viewer in the list, and disable it
- Chrome will then use Adobe Reader to display PDFs.
How do I remove printers from the list in Salesforce
To remove any printers from the list available, make sure they have first been removed from your computer, and then log into https://app.printnode.com and enter the username and password you can find in your Manage Printers section of the Salesforce app. You will then be able to remove the printer by clicking on the little red cross: