Table of Contents
- Choose an Object to integrate with
- Create the lookup field
- Create a Service Type Field (on the Order object)
- Create a Packaging Type Field
- Create package fields
- Create a Shipment Type Field
- Other Custom Address Source Values
- Create the Custom Address Source record
- Shipment Auto-creation
Now you can create shipments with one click using our standard Shipmate for FedEx App
1. Choose an Object to integrate with
In this tutorial we are going to integrate with the Order object:
2. Create the lookup field
a.) Go to the FedEx Shipment custom object by navigating to Setup | Create | Objects | FedEx Shipment
b.) Click New under Custom Fields & Relationships
c.) Select Lookup Relationship
d.) Choose the Order object
e.) Now you can can keep clicking Next until you reach step 6.
We recommend naming the Related List Label to something your users would understand like Fedex Shipments (One Click Label)
f.) The custom field is created and then click Save
3. Create a Service Type Field (on the Order object)
Now that we’ve created our lookup field, we can begin creating the custom fields on the object we are working off that contain the data required for shipping. You can either create a text field or even a formula field if you want to be really smart.
Here is a quick introduction of how to add a set Domestic shipment type for FedEx on the orders object.
1. Go into Setup > Orders > Fields
2. Click on the New button
3. Select the type of field you want to create. If you select Formula then you can either set a default for all Order objects or you can be clever and write code to generate different values.
4. Choose the name of your Custom Field.
5. This is where you can pre-fill the Custom Address Source values or you can write some code to dynamically choose the value to populate.
6. Then click through the next steps and once finished you should see your new custom field.
Here are the list of values our FedEx app accepts for Service Type:
4. Create a Packaging Type Field
5. Create Package Fields
The Custom Address Source feature enables you to map all package data (quantity, weight, dimensions, declared value) into the shipping wizard. You can also map as many packages as you like:
We recommend creating number fields for each field. You could even use formula fields to pull this data from associated product information. Please note that dimension data is not required for shipping.
6. Create a Shipment Type Field
You can default the shipment type to either outbound or return. Let’s create a text field and set the default value to "OUTBOUND". Here are the available options:
7. Other Custom Address Source Values
- SmartPost Indicia Field: PARCEL_SELECT, PRESORTED_STANDARD, PRESORTED_BOUND_PRINTED_MATTER, MEDIA_MAIL
- SmartPost Ancillary Endorsement Field: ADDRESS_CORRECTION, CARRIER_LEAVE_IF_NO_RESPONSE, CHANGE_SERVICE, FORWARDING_SERVICE, RETURN_SERVICE
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) Fields:
- Sender Tax ID
- Sender Tax ID Type: EIN, Business National, Business State, Business Union, Personal National, Personal State
- Recipient Tax ID
- Recipient Tax ID Type: EIN, Business National, Business State, Business Union, Personal National, Personal State
- Recipient Customs ID
- Recipient Customs ID Type: COMPANY, INDIVIDUAL, PASSPORT
- Bill Transportation To: SENDER, RECIPIENT, THIRD_PARTY
- Bill Duties/Taxes To: SENDER, RECIPIENT, THIRD_PARTY, GROUND_COLLECT (if service type is GROUND and recipient country is US/CA/PR), ACCOUNT (if service type is SMART_POST)
- Delivery signature options: ADULT, DIRECT, INDIRECT, NO_SIGNATURE_REQUIRED, SERVICE_DEFAULT
- Dangerous Goods Accessibility: ACCESSIBLE, INACCESSIBLE
- Bill Duties Account
- Bill Duties Country
- Shipping Preference (e.g Shipping-Preference-00003)
- International Shipments Package Contents: Documents, Commodities
- International Shipments Return Type: EXHIBITION_TRADE_SHOW ,FAULTY_ITEM, FOR_REPAIR, ITEM_FOR_LOAN, REJECTED, TRIAL, OTHER
8. Create the Custom Address Source record
Now that we’ve created all the required fields on our Order object, it’s time to map them in the Custom Address Source!
Choose the object Order and the lookup field that we created earlier Order__c
Now you can map all fields to the fields we’ve created earlier in this tutorial:
9. Shipment Auto-Creation
If want to bypass the shipping wizard completely and go straight to the shipment page you can check Auto-create shipment if all required fields are set.
10. You’re done! Time to test.
The next step is to set up Chatter.